About Taylors

Student Grievance Policy

In the event of a dispute between an individual student and the College, procedures are in place to facilitate the resolution of the dispute. If the student remains dissatisfied with the outcome, they may seek independent external mediation, through the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET).

For Perth students, the Western Australian Department of Education Services also provides, free of charge, the services of an independent conciliator to assist in dispute resolution.  Information and contact details are available at www.des.wa.gov.au/pages/international_disputes.php or telephone (+618) 9441 1953

A summary of dispute resolution procedures follows:

1. Code of Conduct, Attendance and Discipline

Students are expected to abide by the terms and conditions of enrolment and the published rules and code of conduct of the College. Disciplinary procedures will be applied in the event of a breach of these rules. All staff are expected to apply the College's policy and rules fairly and without favour, but if a student considers that this has not occurred, the student may refer the matter to the Deputy Principal within 20 days. The Deputy Principal will notify the College Appeals Committee.  The College Appeals Committee will make contact with the student.  If the student is dissatisfied with the decision, he/she may ultimately refer the matter to the Campus Principal for determination.

2. Service and Academic Programs

In the event of a student complaint concerning the quality of the service or teaching provided by the College, the student will report the matter to a person in a position of authority within the College. The complaint may either be dealt with by that person, or referred to the Principal for resolution. The decision will be conveyed in writing to the parties. If either the action taken or the outcome does not satisfy the student, they may write to the Managing Director, who will in turn convey a decision in writing to the student.

3. Contractual and Financial Issues

Matters relating to the interpretation of the contract, or the payment or refund of moneys, are stated clearly in the Contract of Enrolment. Any queries relating to course fees and other charges payable to the College (or refunds) will initially be dealt with by the College Finance and Administration staff. If the student is dissatisfied with the decision, the matter will be referred to the Campus Principal for determination. If either the action taken or the outcome does not satisfy the student, they may write to the Finance Director, who will in turn convey a decision in writing to the student.

In addition for New Zealand students:

4. The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care of International Students

Taylors College has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education. Copies of the Code are available on request from this institution or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website at www.minedu.govt.nz/goto/international.

The Code also establishes the International Education Appeal Authority and the Review Panel to receive and adjudicate on student complaints.

How can I contact the IEAA?

You can write to the IEAA at:

The International Education Appeal Authority
Auckland, New Zealand
E: info.ieaa@minedu.govt.nz

5. Health and Travel Insurance

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If a student receives medical treatment during his/her stay, he/she may be liable for the full costs of the treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly-funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at http://www.moh.govt.nz/.

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but students may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at http://www.acc.co.nz/.

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand.

6. Immigration

Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration
Service, and can be viewed on their website at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/.

7. New Zealand Qualifications Authority

Students may contact the New Zealand Qualifications Authority if they experience any difficulties with the above procedures.

The nearest office of the Authority is at:
Level 13, 125 The Terrace
Wellington, New Zealand
P.O. Box 160, Wellington, New Zealand
Tel: +64 4 802 3000
Fax: +64 4 802 3112
E: helpdesk@nzqa.govt.nz
W: http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/

Want to study at Taylors College?

Apply Now

Pay your fees now via our online payment service