Health & Insurance
In Sydney, we have registered nursing staff on duty in our fully equipped, on-campus health facilities.
Your health is important to us and we will refer you to a nearby health professional if you need to see a doctor.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
It is a requirement of your student visa to have ‘Overseas Student Health Cover’ (OSHC) for the entire period of the course. You will have paid for your OSHC when you accepted your offer to study at Taylors College.
You will also need to maintain OSHC throughout your stay in Australia. Taylors College will offer to arrange OSHC for the duration of your full program.
However if you elect for Taylors College to arrange your OSHC for the first 12 months only, and your program is longer than 12 months, you are responsible and obligated to renew your OSHC when it expires (that is, after 12 months) whilst in Australia.
Allianz Global Assistance OSHC is the health insurance company that will provide you with your OSHC.
What OSHC includes:
Medical and Hospital Benefits
In the event of medical treatment being required by you and occurring during the period of cover,
Allianz Global Assistance OSHC will pay benefits for the following:
|| Benefit per service
| Out of hospital medical services
| Medical services provided by most General Practitioner Services
|| Benefit amount as listed in the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) 100% of the MBS fee*
| All other Medical services such as pathology and radiology (including specialists)
|| Benefit amount as listed in the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) 85% of the MBS fee*
| In hospital medical services
| Medical services provided in hospital
|| 100% of the Medicare Benefits Schedule fee
| Public hospital - admitted patient in shared ward hospital accommodation, same day services, accident and emergency and outpatient medical and post-operative services
|| The rate determined by State and Territory health authorities for services charged to a patient who is not an Australian Resident
| Private hospital/ Registered day hospital facility
|| 100% of the charges for all insurable costs raised by a contracted hospital with a minimum of shared ward accommodation
| Prescription medicines
| For prescription medicines prescribed by your doctor Excludes: Medications, drugs or other treatments not prescribed by a doctor or not listed on the PBS
Prescription medicines benefit for expenses exceeding the equivalent of the current Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) patient contribution for general beneficiaries up to a:
- Maximum benefit of $50.00 per prescribed item
- Maximum amount per calendar year for Single cover of $300 per person
- Maximum amount per calendar year for Family cover of $600
Each individual in a family has a limit equivalent for a single person as long as the family maximum benefit has not been used
| Surgically implanted prostheses
| Surgically implanted prostheses and other items included on the Federal Government’s Prostheses List
|| 100% of the cost as listed on the Australian Prostheses list
| Ambulance services
| When medically necessary for admission to hospital or for emergency treatment
|| 100% of the charge
* Benefits payable as per the Medicare Benefits Schedule Fee
What OSHC does NOT include:
- Services provided by physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, naturopaths or any other ancillary services
- Medications, drugs or other treatments not prescribed by a doctor or not included in the PBS
- Any costs associated with dental treatment, unless the services provided meet the requirements of the Medicare Benefits Schedule
- Optical charges (items such as glasses and contact lenses)
- The co-payment payable by you under Australian law or as a result of the provider charging in excess of the Medicare Benefits Schedule Fee
- Medical or hospital services arising from any event listed as a General Exclusion*
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Refund Policy:
- If you have not arrived in Australia, Taylors College will refund your OSHC directly
- If you have arrived in Australia and are:
- Discontinuing studies and returning home;
- Transferring to another provider;
- No longer on a student visa
Allianz Global Assistance OSHC will organise your refund. Refunds are processed on a pro-rata monthly basis. Refund forms are available on the Allianz Global Assistance OSHC website.
- Allianz Global Assistance OSHC
The health insurance company that will provide you with your Overseas Student Health Cover. *Refer to the Allianz Global Assistance OSHC website for a full lists of General Exclusion.