You will need to have a current student visa whilst you are a student in Australia.
To apply for a student visa in your home country before leaving Australia, please contact the Immigration Section of the Australian Diplomatic Mission (the Australian High Commission, Consulate or Embassy). It may take up to 6 months to apply for and obtain a student visa from some countries.
How to apply for a student visa
- Fill in our online application form to study at Taylors College.
- Once we have received and assessed your application, we’ll send you a Letter of Offer. If you are from a Level 3 & 4 country, you’ll need to apply for a Pre Visa Assessment (PVA).
- Pay your academic fees.
- Once we have received payment, we will send you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). If you are under 18 years of age, you’ll need to ensure that you have appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements.
- You’ll need to have a medical check and x-ray at an authorized medical office.
- Submit your visa application form (Form 157A), supporting documents and fee to the Australian Diplomatic Mission in your country.
A detailed ‘Step by Step’ guide to obtaining a student visa is available on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) website.
Your student visa obligations
||You cannot work in Australia. You can however apply for permission to work with the school’s approval.
||You must remain enrolled in a registered course. You must attend 80 percent of school contact hours and achieve satisfactory results. Taylors College will monitor your attendance very closely. Parents will be informed if you are not attending classes.
||You must remain with the school with whom you originally enrolled for the first six months of your principal academic course, or, if the course is for less than six months, for the duration of the course.
||You must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance during your stay in Australia.
||If you are under 18 years of age and do not intend to live in Australia with a parent, custodian or nominated relative you must have obtained approval from your school for your accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements.
||You must inform Taylors College within 7 days of your arrival in Australia of your current residential address and of any changes of address within 7 days of each change.
Link to Department of Immigration & Citizenship website
The link below will take you to an external website.