- College Policies
- About Taylors
- Why choose Taylors?
- Course Information
- Fees & Special Offers
- Student Services
- How to apply
- Contact us
Taylors College is proud to deliver the new Diploma of Commerce, a pathway to study at The University of Western Australia (UWA).
The program is designed specifically for students looking for an alternative pathway to The University of Western Australia’s Bachelor of Commerce. It is equivalent to the first year of the Bachelor of Commerce and on successful completion guarantees you entry into second year of a UWA Business School major (Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Management)
1. On successful completion of the Diploma you will gain guaranteed entry into second year of UWA’s Bachelor of Commerce, where you can choose to major in Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing or Management.
2. You can choose to study your program over either 8 or 12 months, depending on your study style or preferred university intake date.
3. The Diploma has been created in consultation with The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of Australia’s prestigious “Group of Eight” universities. Taylors College has employed the services of UWA staff to help teach the program, which will give you an insight into the skills and knowledge required to be successful at UWA.
4. The Diploma provides you with more contact hours and course content than first-year university, to give you extra support and help you make a smoother transition to UWA.
5. The Diploma is delivered by Taylors College which has over 90 years’ experience in the education industry and unparalleled success in preparing international students for university study.
6. You will study the Diploma at The University of Western Australia’s beautiful and historic Claremont campus, and benefit from access to the UWA Library and Student Guild on the UWA main campus, just 3km away.
Duration and cost
The duration of the Taylors College Diploma of Commerce is either 8 months (2 x 14 week terms), or 12 months (3 x 14 week terms).
The cost for International students is AUD$23,500.00.
The cost for Australian citizens is AUD$18,000.
Refer to the table below for start dates and term durations.
|Intake||Duration||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Start university|
|Mar 2013||12 months||04/03/13 – 14/06/13||01/07/13 – 11/10/13||28/10/13 – 14/02/14||Feb 2014|
|Jul 2013||8 months||01/07/13 – 11/10/13||28/10/13 – 14/02/14||Feb 2014|
|Jul 2013||12 months||01/07/13 – 11/10/13||28/10/13 – 14/02/14||03/03/14 – 13/06/14||Jul 2014|
|Oct 2013||8 months||28/10/13 – 14/02/14||03/03/14 – 13/06/14||Jul 2014|
If you would like more information about our courses please contact a Student Enrolment Advisor today, or you can apply online.