About Massey University
For more than 80 years, Massey University has helped shape the lives and communities of people in New Zealand and around the world. Its forward-thinking spirit, research-led teaching, and cutting-edge discoveries make Massey New Zealand's defining university.
The University is internationally recognised for its excellence in teaching and research and regarded as an innovative and progressive institution.
Taylors Auckland Foundation Year
Massey University welcomes international students and has accredited the Taylors Auckland Foundation Year (TAFY) programme as a pathway to the University. TAFY students who attain the grades and specified entry
standards for admission to a particular degree programme are guaranteed entry to Massey University.
Scholarships and Study Awards
Massey University is delighted to have new undergraduate academic scholarships and study awards for students who have achieved exceptional marks in TAFY.
- Massey is New Zealand's only multi-campus university with three well positioned campuses in the North Island Auckland, Palmerston North and Wellington
- Massey offers the largest selection of professionally recognised degrees available anywhere in New Zealand Pathways to take you from pre-degree to PhD
- Massey is committed to internationalisation – we welcome 4,000 international students from over 95 countries
- Massey provides modern facilities and student-centred services
- Massey programmes are designed to be relevant, reflect current research and meet the needs of the international student community
Five Academic Colleges:
College of Business
Is one of the largest business schools in New Zealand and has AACSB International accreditation.
College Of Creative Arts
Is Massey’s leading tertiary provider of a creative arts education and boasts a world-class research-led college based in Wellington
College of Education
Is the only institution to offer a four-year primary teacher education programme with a complete emphasis on teacher education and related areas
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Houses one of the few Centres for Ecological Economics in the world, and the only Centre for Public Health Research independent of a medical school.
College of Sciences
Is excellent in agriculture, veterinary and life sciences, land, water and the environment, and industrial innovation via engineering and technology.
10 Reasons to study at Massey University
- Study unique programmes in our fi ve colleges: Business, Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences and Sciences.
- Massey’s College of Business holds accreditation from AACSB International. Programmes hold endorsements from national and international bodies and professional organisations such as CIMA, ACCA and CFA.
- Massey’s Veterinary Science degree is recognised and registered with Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America and a number of other countries.
- Massey’s Aviation (Air Transport Pilot) degree is the fi rst non-engineering degree to be recognised by the Royal Aeronautical Society and has ISO9001-2000 accreditation. All of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) licensing requirements are integrated within the papers of the degree.
- Massey’s degree in Food Technology has an outstanding 40-year track record and is one of only two universities outside the Americas, accredited by the United States based Institute of Food Technologists (IFT).
- Massey’s School of Design is New Zealand’s longest established design school. The College of Creative Arts recently celebrated 125 years of art and design education.
- Over 100 clubs and societies for you to join to help you make new friends and settle in your new study environment.
- Warm and friendly international environment on all campuses.
- Massey offers undergraduate academic scholarships and study awards for students who have achieved exceptional marks in TAFY.
- Massey has exchange agreements with 43 universities around the globe giving you the opportunity to spend part of your study period overseas.