- About Taylors
- Why choose Taylors?
- Course Information
- Fees & Special Offers
- Student Services
- College Policies
- How to apply
- Contact us
Perth, the capital city of Western Australia, was recently declared to be the world’s fifth most ‘liveable’ city, and prides itself as being the sunniest of all Australia’s capitals. Perth also has the reputation of being Australia’s friendliest city.
Perth provides all the facilities of a major modern city while offering a safe, clean and friendly environment.
The historic port of Fremantle is just 15 minutes from Taylors College Perth. The city is characterised by its Victorian architecture, street cafes, museums, art galleries, food markets, marinas and good fishing.
The pleasant Mediterranean climate is perfect for those seeking an active, outdoor lifestyle. Summers (December to February) are bright, sunny and dry while winters (June to August) are wet but mild.
Perth is in the same time zone and within close flying distance of most major cities in the Asian region.
Discover why Perth is one of the most 'liveable' city and students from around the world choose to study at Perth.
* Have a barbecue picnic in Kings Park
* Walk along the Swan River taking in the city vista and the Swan Bell Towers
* Go for a swim at the iconic Cottesloe Beach
* Watch a movie under the stars with friends at UWA's Summerville Outdoor Auditorium
* Go shopping along Murray St and Hay St Malls in the city or try out the new Claremont Quarter - just around the corner from our campus
* Eat fish and chips on the pier in Fremantle
* Feed a kangaroo or koala at Caversham or Cohuna Wildlife Park
* Take a ferry trip to Rottnest Island and photograph a quokka
* Swim with the dolphins at Rockingham
* Go on a roadtrip down south and visit the magnificant Margaret River wine and cheese region or whale watching off the coast of Albany
When you’re taking a break from your studies, Perth offers a wealth of things to see and do.
Social and cultural activities
There are also many opportunities for students to mix with other nationalities and participate in organized activities.
The October Fest, International Luncheon and the annual College Ball are all events to look forward to. We also arrange film nights, BBQs and picnics.
Throughout the school year, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in various team and individual sports. These include:
All areas of Perth are easily accessed by bus or train.All areas of Perth are easily accessed by bus or train.
All information relating to transport around Perth can be found through the Transperth website.
Use the handy Journey planner to plan your trip using any mode of transportation. The website also contains links to attractions with relating transport information, and useful information around major events.
Wondering how much money you need to live in Perth? Here’s some average prices of everyday goods.