About Taylors

What to bring

Documents you'll need to bring

It is very important that you remember to bring the following documents with you. In most cases these documents are very valuable and you may not want to bring the originals. In this case, it is advisable that you bring 'certified true copies' of the originals.

What does ‘Certified true copy’ mean?

A certified true copy is a photocopy of your document that has been stamped and signed by your Principal, a Justice of the Peace or your agent. They are verifying that they have seen the original document and that the photocopy is a ‘certified true copy’ of this.

You will need to bring the following documents with you:

  • Valid passport with student visa
  • Your letter of offer from Taylors College
  • Copy of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment form
  • Copy of your Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) form if under 18 yrs old
  • At least 3 copies of your academic results that have been certified as true copies by the Principal of your school or by your agent.
  • Certified true copy of your birth certificate, passport and visa.
  • Your home address in English

What else to bring


Summers (Dec-Feb) in Australia can get quite warm with temperatures reaching the high 30°C during the day. Cool light clothes such as t-shirts, shirts, blouses and jeans, casual slacks or skirts are quite common among students

You should also wear a hat and long sleeved shirts for protection from sunburn.

During winter (Jun-Aug), temperatures can drop to below 10°C so sweatshirts, jumpers, coat or other warm clothing is recommended.

Australians generally have a casual and relaxed approach to dressing. On campus, most students will be found dressed informally.

Personal items

You may also like to bring items such as toiletries, bath towels, bed linen, blankets for the winter months, bilingual dictionary, alarm clock, radio/cassette player, camera, your home country driver's licence and your international driver's licence .

You can bring items such as desktop or laptop computers and similar electronic equipment duty-tax free into Australia provided Customs is satisfied these items are intended to be taken out of Australia on your departure. You should note that adapters maybe required as Australia uses 240watts for electricity appliances.

Cooking utensils and other household items can be purchased at reasonable cost from department stores or second-hand shops after your arrival in Australia.

Want to study at Taylors College?

Apply Now

Pay your fees now via our online payment service